If you like munching, if you like something crisp to dip into a sauce, if you like an explosion of flavors and textures in your mouth, this is for you. Be warned though that it is unlike most munchies you may have tried in the part. These are tofu skins cut into “fingers” paired with a sweet-spicy-tangy sauce that screams Asia every which way.
Tofu skins are available wherever vegetarian food stuffs are sold. We buy ours from Palomi at the corner or San Marcelino and Quirino Avenues in Manila. The no-cook sauce is made with Asian pantry staples.
Recipe: Crisp tofu skin fingers with spicy honey-lemon-ginger sauce
- 1 pack of tofu skins (a total of 4 squares), thawed
- about a cup and a half of cooking oil for frying
- 1/4 c. of honey
- 1/2 tsp. of grated ginger
- juice of one lemon juice
- finger chili, slices thinly
- Cut the tofu skin into fingers about half an inch wide. Sprinkle with salt.
- Fry in batches until crisp (see how to). Drain on paper towels.
- Make the dipping sauce by mixing together the honey, ginger, chili and lemon sauce. Stir in enough salt for balance.
- Serve the crisp tofu skin fingers with the dipping sauce on the side.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2